So you want to turn your PowerPoint presentations into an engaging Custom Course? We've got you covered!
1. Develop your slides: Create and design your slides with the content you want to present. Ensure that your slides are informative, visually appealing, and effectively convey your message.
2. Specify slide transition time: Determine the duration you want each slide to stay before transitioning to the next one. Open your PowerPoint presentation and navigate to the Transitions tab. In the Timing group, under Advance Slide, set the desired time duration in minutes or seconds (in mm:ss:ms format). For example, if you want each slide to stay for 30 seconds, enter 00:30:00. To maintain a consistent pace across your slides, click "Apply to All." This means, having 6 slides in total will give a runtime of 3 minutes (30 secs per slide).
3. Add background music: If you want to include background music to enhance the course experience, go to the Transitions tab and select the Sound dropdown. Choose a template sound from the list or click "Other Sound" to browse and select your music file from your computer. Once you have chosen the desired music, click "Apply To All" to apply the background music to all slides.
4. Add narration to your Slides: Navigate to the Record tab and click on the "Record" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen. Under the Record tab, you'll find various options to customize your recording. You can decide to add a cameo of yourself while you record, start recording from the beginning, or choose to record from a current slide. Additionally, if you need to demonstrate something outside of your PowerPoint slides, you can use the screen recording feature.
5. Utilize recording options: During the recording, you have several options to enhance your narration.
See the duration of your recording per slide (1)
Retake video or narration if needed (2)
Record button to start and stop recording (3)
Pause the presentation if required (4)
Turn on/off your camera (5)
Turn on/off your microphone as needed (6).
Once you have completed the recording and are satisfied with your narration, review the presentation to ensure everything is as desired. Make any necessary adjustments or edits if required.
6. Save your presentation as an MP4 video: After finalizing your recorded presentation, go to the "File" tab and select the "Save As" option. Choose the MPEG 4 Video (*.mp4) format to save your presentation as a video file.
7. Upload your video to Workhub: Create a new Custom Course (PS: Need a refresher on how to create a Custom Course in Workhub? Check out our handy guide on creating custom courses for extra guidance!), to add the PowerPoint video as a lesson, click on the Create New Lesson tab. Upload this video as a file and save the lesson. Don't forget to give your lesson a name, specify the Run Time, and make sure to hit that save button. You don't want to lose your hard work!